International Bon Vivant and Raconteur (nick_kaufmann) wrote,
International Bon Vivant and Raconteur
nick_kaufmann

Here's What Happened

Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription medications including painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills, the New York City medical examiner's office said Tuesday.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the office said in a short statement.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."


I suspected it was an accidental overdose as soon as I heard there was no suicide note. (Also, suicidal people tend not to make future plans, like a massage appointment the next day.)

Yet the fact that his death was accidental makes it even more horrible.

I guess the lesson here is: Don't self-medicate. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure you're taking the right meds in the right dosage, and that they don't conflict.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 13 comments