|The Perfect Meme for a Quiet Sunday Morning
||[Aug. 17th, 2008|11:08 am]
International Bon Vivant and Raconteur
Ehhh, it's something to do while I drink my coffee.
Copy the list below.
Mark in bold the movie titles for which you read the book.
Italicize the ones that you’ve watched.
Tag 5 people to perpetuate the meme.
1. Jurassic Park
2. War of the Worlds (Both the amazing 1953 version and Scientologyriffic 2005 remake!)
3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
4. I, Robot
8. The Stepford Wives
9. The Time Machine (Both the 1960 version and the craptastic 2002 remake!)
10. Starship Troopers
11. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (The books, the awesome 1981 BBC-TV miniseries and the 2005 big-screen snoozefest!)
14. The Running Man
16. The Mothman Prophecies
17. Dreamcatcher (I don't know which was worse, the movie or the book -- perhaps the movie by a hair, for turning a mentally retarded character from the book into a shapeshifting alien.)
18. Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) (Hated the book! There, I said it!)
19. Dune (Both the Stingtastic 1984 David Lynch misfire and the exceptional miniseries that aired on SCIFI in 2000!)
20. The Island of Dr. Moreau (I barely remember the book, having read it back in grade school, but my favorite movie version remains 1932's Island of Lost Souls with Charles Laughton and Bela Lugosi.)
21. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (I own Finney's book but haven't read it yet. I have, however, seen three of the four movie versions. I skipped the most recent one with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig because, I mean, come on.)
22. The Iron Giant (The Iron Man)
23. Battlefield Earth
24. The Incredible Shrinking Woman (Really? I wonder if they meant to ask about The Incredible Shrinking Man, based on the Richard Matheson novel, not this 1981 Lily Tomlin spoof. Weird.)
25. Fire in the Sky
26. Altered States (One of the first movies to truly freak me out!)
28. The Postman
29. Freejack (Immortality, Inc.) (Emilio Estevez and Mick Jagger -- together again!)
31. Memoirs of an Invisible Man (Chevy Chase and John Carpenter -- together again!)
32. The Thing (Who Goes There?) (I love every version of this: the John W. Campbell story, the Howard Hawks 1951 movie, the outstanding John Carpenter 1982 remake, everything!)
33. The Thirteenth Floor
34. Lifeforce (Space Vampires) (Two words: Mathilda May.)
35. Deadly Friend
36. The Puppet Masters
37. 1984 (And I own the Eurythmics soundtrack CD!)
38. A Scanner Darkly
40. Monkey Shines
41. Solo (Weapon) (I don't even know what the hell this is!)
42. The Handmaid’s Tale
44. Carnosaur (This was based on a novel?)
45. From Beyond (A favorite!)
46. Watchers (Admittedly, I never saw the whole thing, just parts of it. They used to show it on the USA Network, like, every day.)
48. Body Snatchers (Um, what? Isn't this the same as #21 above? Between this and the Incredible Shrinking Woman gaffe above, I think someone's been messing with this meme as it's made the rounds!)
I don't tag people, so if you want to do this meme, feel free. If not, enjoy the rest of your day.